Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why would a WOMAN advocate on behalf of rights for MEN?

This is a common question that I get asked when I tell people about DADPR. They also want to know how I plan to get other women on board when much of what I want to help with also concerns women who are fighting on the other side of the fence on this issues.

My answer is exactly why I started this project, because parental rights for fathers is all about doing whats best for the child. If you don't agree that it is best for a child, and daughter in particular, to have a loving relationship with her father, then perhaps this project may not be your cup of tea. God Bless you.

However, as a woman whose life has been shaped by the role of BOTH of my parents being involved, I can't help but think of how my ideas about men, spirituality, relationships, success, education, and career would have been different without that male influence. I just can't imagine.

So why join the party?

Because every little girl had a Father at one time. Perhaps he raised you or you may have never even known him. Maybe he was a part of your life or you still have a longing to connect with that man who you've never even met. You may have had a PaPa, Grandpapa, uncle, mentor or other Father figure who was instrumental in some way in your upbringing. I'm saying all this to say that somewhere there was a Father even if he never lived up to the title. And I believe that it is innate for a little girl at some point in her life, even if briefly, to want to have a relationship with that person.

So I challenge those to get on board who had amazing Fathers or who had no Father at all.

Advocate because of the positive experience that you have had...........
because of the change you want to create for your daughters.....
because you are choosing to break the cycle......
because you are married to a man who you have seen treated unjustly in the family law court system......
because your Father stood tall and provided in all ways for you......
because you believe that "family" is essential to the lives of kids.......
and because you want to tell the world that Fathers deserve parental rights too.

No comments:

Post a Comment