Wednesday, February 23, 2011

There is a community for people like you.....

It's amazing how word of mouth travels. Within only a few weeks of our community being up and running, I have received several phone calls and emails about people who are just like us. Daughters who have had amazing relationships with our fathers and want to help, daughters who have had no relationship with their fathers and even in adulthood are looking to begin one, and men who love their daughters so much but due to "red tape" don't have the access to them that would develop a loving and healthy relationship that we all agree is so needed. Additionally, there have been many step moms who have contacted me concerning what they can do to help their husbands who are in court monthly, trying to get parental rights and their stepdaughters that are suffering because of it.


I am extremely over joyed at the outpouring of support for this initiative, even if over 90% percent wish to remain anonymous. Many don't want to comment on a public blog or public facebook page for fear of retaliation but all of the private emails make me happy and sad at the same time. It gives me the motivation to move forward with trying to help as many people as I can and spreading the word that there is a community out here for you. There are others, I promise.

Praying for many blessings for all of you struggling to establish and maintain complex relationships that sometimes seem to be impossible.

I leave you with a quote, “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment